Set in a superb Hillsborough location, with easy access to San Francisco, the Silicon Valley, and SFO, 15 Tiptoe Lane effortlessly combines elegance and style, creating a home that emanates grace from every room.
It is a custom masterpiece where no detail has been spared. Refined touches such as paneled walls, tall paneled doors, wide plank wood floors, and exquisite sconces grace the entire space, and gorgeous views from the front of the home complete this magnificent residence.
The sprawling two-story floorplan with separate wings includes four bedroom suites, two replete with their own private living areas, and a complete entertainment suite upstairs, creating endless possibilities for entertaining and multi-generational living.
Main floor features include:
- Double front doors with glass insets that open onto a grand foyer with marble floors.
- Double doors from the foyer that lead to the formal living room featuring a marble-front gas fireplace with a carved wood mantle. This lovely room is also graced with high ceilings and a wall of glass doors.
- Kitchen featuring a La Cornue oven and five-burner gas stove with hood, plus a built-in Miele coffee system. The large granite-topped center island offers space for countertop dining. A built-in hutch showcases glass-front cabinets, and an adjacent bar area framed by glass-front cabinets features a Sub-Zero wine refrigerator, sink, and dishwasher. Additional kitchen amenities include ample soft-close drawers and cabinets, many with glass fronts and accent lighting, a refrigerator and dishwasher with wood-paneled doors, and a large walk-in pantry with built-in shelves.
- A casual dining space next to the kitchen with French doors that lead to the terrace, which has its own outdoor kitchen.
- Dining room featuring a marble-front fireplace with a carved wood mantle and large windows with arched wood detailing above.
- Family room featuring granite-front gas fireplace with space above it for a flat screen TV and flanked by bookshelves and cabinets for component storage. Glass doors open to the backyard.
- Large den with glass doors leading to the backyard.
- Library with a wall of floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, wood paneled ceiling, and closet with built-in shelves.
- Oversized full bathroom with artistic glass vanity, separate facilities, opaque-glass-doored shower, tall storage cabinet with pull-out shelves and space for washer and dryer, and wood bench with cubby storage underneath. An opaque glass door leads to the backyard and outdoor hot tub.
- Additional downstairs amenities include a cedar-lined coat closet next to the garage entrances and a powder room in the front entry. Space has also been engineered to accommodate the eventual installation of an in-house elevator if so desired.
The downstairs bedroom suite situated at one end of the house could serve well as a main floor master suite or as guest quarters and includes:
- Private living room with limestone floor, built-in wood cabinets and shelves, recessed ceiling with a beautiful open globe installation light fixture, and glass doors leading to the backyard.
- Bedroom with large closet.
- Bathroom featuring marble dual-sink vanity, deep tub with marble surround, open marble shower, and separate facilities.
- An additional unfinished room could easily be converted to a wine cellar or used as an additional large walk-in closet.
Two staircases lead upstairs, one main staircase from the center of the home, featuring a domed ceiling, plus an additional back staircase.
The second floor features:
- Bedroom suite featuring a large sitting area with gas fireplace and sliding glass doors opening onto a private balcony. Steps lead up to the carpeted bedroom with recessed ceiling. The en suite bathroom features a dual-sink vanity with separate facilities, deep tub in a marble setting, and glass shower. Two closets with built-in wardrobes.
- Two additional bedroom suites, both featuring closets with built-ins and en suite bathrooms, one with a tub.
- Two more bedrooms with large closets.
- Opening from both the hall and one of the bedrooms, a full bathroom that features a dual-sink marble vanity, glass shower, and tub.
- Laundry room with Miele washer and dryer, artistic glass counter, utility sink, and built-in cupboards and shelves.
Located on the second floor is the entertainment suite which offers:
- Game room with beamed ceiling and room for a pool table.
- Den with a marble fireplace flanked by built-in wood bookshelves and cabinets.
- Living room with potential to be used as a home theater, featuring built-in cabinets and drawers, a recessed ceiling, and glass doors opening onto a balcony.
- Bathroom with a tile shower and a wood sauna.
Additional amenities include storage throughout and windows with built-in pull-down screens.
The house features two attached garages with automatic doors: a two-car garage with built-in overhead storage shelves plus a one-car garage featuring a wine cellar, utility sink, and glass doors that lead to the backyard, making this a space that can easily be converted into a tasting room, studio, workshop or garden room.
The backyard features a stone tile patio with trellis and an outdoor kitchen offering a gas barbecue, marble counter, and sink, creating a space perfect for outdoor living. A lawn, waterfall, and stone terraced gardens plus a hot tub, citrus trees, and rosebushes grace the main yard, and there is also a second garden area accessible from the downstairs bedroom suite that offers a more private retreat.